As part of our ongoing Vale Town Centres campaign with Vale of Glamorgan Council where we’re tasked with encouraging residents to support and visit their local high streets, we came up with the idea of creating Santa’s Post Offices on the high street in the lead up to Christmas.
Cowbridge and Barry (in partnership with Barry Town Council) were chosen as the towns to host the pop-up Santa’s Post Offices and families were invited along to write and post their letters to Santa.
Our original brief was to:
- Create, organise, manage and promote an event which would drive footfall to Vale town centres during the Christmas period
- Use the event as an opportunity to encourage residents to support their local high street during a prime time for trade
What we did
- Secured two town centre locations to host the Santa’s Post Offices – the Pop-Up Shop on Cowbridge High Street and Barry Library
- Created a visual identity to help market the event
- Promoted the event to encourage bookings
- Turned both venues into Santa’s Post Offices through sourcing props and designing and producing graphics to dress the spaces
- Designed and produced event material to use in the Santa’s Post Offices including letter templates, envelopes and Nice List Certificates
- Sourced and briefed event staff, our Santa’s elves
- Managed the event in Cowbridge and worked with Barry Town Council to manage the event in Barry