GRAPHIC DESIGN / CAMPAIGN DESIGN / SOCIAL MEDIA / DIGITAL / PR
This summer, Mermaid Quay in Cardiff Bay became home to nearly 750,000 LEGO® bricks as the BRICKLIVE Fantasy Kingdom took over. We worked with Mermaid Quay on an integrated, bilingual campaign to promote the attraction. After ten months of disruptions caused by water works being undertaken at Mermaid Quay, it was important that this campaign attracted visitors and increased positive engagements on social media.
What we did
- Developed a visual theme for the campaign in keeping with BRICKLIVE’s brand guidelines, which was designed to be bright, eye-catching and inspired by a medieval fantasy-land.
- Designed bilingual promotional assets that were used before and during the event around Mermaid Quay, including posters, banners, adverts and info cards. We also designed an engaging visual backdrop which was displayed during the event behind the throne made out of LEGO®. The idea for this stemmed from wanting to make people feel they were sitting on a throne in the castle looking out onto their kingdom.
- Developed social media graphics, as well as fully managed Mermaid Quay’s social channels during the campaign. We wanted to encourage user generated content on social media so developed a competition in conjunction with Cadwaladers. Every week on #ThroneTuesday, we crowned a #SelfieKing or #SelfieQueen who won free ice cream for the year.
- Ran several competitions during the campaign to maintain momentum and engagement including a fancy dress competition, a colouring competition and story writing competition.
- Managed all third-party advertising for BRICKLIVE Fantasy Kingdom, working with Capital FM and WalesOnline.
- Implemented a media and blogger relations programme to encourage awareness.
If you are looking for support with a bilingual, integrated campaign, we’d love to jam with you – Get in touch!