PR / SOCIAL MEDIA / EVENT PLANNING / CAMPAIGN
Our brief was to build the profile of the Radisson Blu Hotel among consumers in Cardiff/Wales and increase awareness of its offering to support sales activity.
What we did
We developed a fully-integrated communications campaign which incorporated:
- Events – Monthly lunches, launch and showcase events were organised to drive footfall into the hotel
- Strategic partnerships – Partnerships were developed with like-minded brands, local businesses and tourism bodies to help us reach the hotel’s target audiences
- Media relations – New partnerships, packages, menus, key calendar dates, seasonal and topical events were leveraged to give the hotel multiple media hooks and journalist reviews were organised
- Online – All elements of the campaign were developed to create an online buzz via the hotel’s own social media platforms, local blogs, websites and online influencers such as high-profile celebrities. Regular eBulletins were distributed detailing special offers and updates
Beer, bites & beards – a ‘beer and food’ matching evening was organised to launch a new partnership with Otley Brewing. The event supported ‘Grow a Grav’, a charitable campaign which encourages men to grow beards during November.
Wales’ most stylish fashion bloggers competition – to push the hotel’s style credentials, we developed a competition mechanic in conjunction with St David’s shopping centre and Media Wales. Promoted via on- and offline channels, it challenged influential fashion bloggers to create three unique looks to complement the hotel’s bedroom themes – fashion, fresh and chic. Finalists were encouraged to blog about the experience and urge people to vote for them to win the online poll on www.walesonline.co.uk via their own social media channels adding further exposure.
Pizza portraits – in celebration of Cardiff City FC’s Premiership promotion, we commissioned pizza portraits of the club’s owner, manager and captain to promote the hotel’s Italian restaurant.
What we achieved
- 56 positive print and online articles, generating over 6m OTS
- The pizza portrait stunt was shared by Cardiff City FC players Mark Hudson (13,047 followers), Fraizer Campbell (136,676 followers), Aron Gunnarsson (16,334 followers), and Jordan Mutch (10,953 followers) and resulted in the hotel trending in Cardiff
- 17 events organised resulting in over 1,000 people visiting the hotel for the first time
- 25 influencers (journalists, bloggers, celebrities) attended or tweeted about the hotel during the year
What this meant for our client
- Hotel revenue grew by 30.4%
- Hotel occupancy rates grew by 18%
- Number of sleepers rose by 30%
- M&E revenue increased by 60%
- F&B revenue increased by 32%