Greenaway Scott is a specialist corporate and commercial law firm based in Cardiff, Swansea, Oxford and London. Launched in 2013, jamjar was tasked with raising awareness of the firm’s expansion plans, areas of expertise and innovative approach.
What we did
As a new player in a competitive marketplace, we needed the business community in Wales to know about Greenaway Scott – its exciting growth, its expertise and how it differentiates itself.
For general noise and brand awareness, media relations was the tactic of choice targeting key business media. In order to push the firm’s growth messages, news stories were distributed detailing new appointments, staff promotions, new offices and financial success stories.
We strategically chose awards that would help us in positioning the firm for its innovative approach, areas of expertise and its entrepreneurial founder. Recognising that as a new business in a crowded marketplace, awards would not only help us add credibility to the start-up but would give us media hooks if the firm was shortlisted or won.
We designed an ebulletin which every month covers the latest company news, the latest deal it has advised on and an advice piece showcasing the firm’s corporate/commercial expertise.
What we achieved
- 40 pieces of print/online coverage achieved in Welsh business press – OTS of over 7m
- Selected by Media Wales’ business editor in his ’16 Welsh companies to watch in 2016’ http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/pick-16-great-welsh-companies-10672245
- The firm won a Cardiff Life Award 2015 in ‘Professional Services’ category and was shortlisted for a Wales Dealmaker award based on its corporate expertise
- The firm was included in Startups 100 2015 – the definitive index of the UK’s 100 fast growth-potential new businesses – for being a ‘new style’ of law firm http://startups.co.uk/startups-100/2015/46-greenaway-scott/
- Nigel Greenaway the firm’s founder was included in Walesonline 35 under 35 leading business people in Wales, Cardiff Life ‘One to Watch’, and shortlisted for several awards
What this meant for our client
Nigel Greenaway, founder, said: “Since setting up Greenaway Scott, we have more than doubled our turnover and we believe that the communication strategy and work that jamjar has produced has been an important factor in our success.”